What is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
It's difficult to work out how much a personal injury claim is worth. It's just as important to find out how much resources you've spent as it is to figure out what caused the accident. Every year, millions of people in the United States visit the emergency room due to injuries such as back and neck injuries, brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries. Economic and non-economic damages are two types of damages that you will be able to recover from a car accident generally.
Economic damages are supposed to compensate you for your actual monetary losses. They're usually simple to prove because you'll be able to include documentation and other proof of your losses. These include:
- Medical costs both past and future, as illustrated by hospital costs and diagnoses
- Missed income and future wages, as shown by pay stubs and doctor's notes showing when you would be able to return to work • Property loss, as evidenced by invoices and receipts
- Receipts proving out-of-pocket expenses
The essence of noneconomic damages is a little more unclear. These damages are meant to make up for any non-monetary losses you've experienced. Your Atlanta car accident lawyer will work with experts to decide how much you are due for these damages, which could include:
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical disfigurement or disability
- Lack of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress